No Of Position:1
Job Role:Linux System Administrator
Functional Area: Analytics & Business Intelligence
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
Additional Information: Candidate should be SC cleared or Eligible for the same Eligibility Criteria: The following original supporting documents are required for clearance verification: Should be in UK for 5 or more than 5yrs from 2011 to 2016 Any 2 of the below address proofs:
Current Passport – to be eligible for clearance you must hold a valid passport.
Driving License - Photo and Paper (provisional licences are not accepted)
Latest Utility Bill in your name
Bank statements – last 6 months statements required
Credit card statements with credit card – last 3 months statements required (self-printed statements will not be accepted)
Recent HMRC letter
Last 3 years continuous employment/ education:
Employment/ Academic references
*please note there can be no gaps within the 3 year period
Candidate should be SC cleared or Eligible for the same
The following original supporting documents are required for clearance verification:
Should be in UK for 5 or more than 5yrs from 2011 to 2016
Any 2 of the below address proofs:
+++ Please DO NOT Apply if you do not have full SC clearance or is not elible to get one +++
Here is Job Description:
Location : Liverpool
Start date : ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: 20K - 30K GBP
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Linux administrator’s role incorporates the support and maintenance of the virtual and physicalLinux Operating platform and supporting services that are delivered out of the local delivery centers and respective, secure and commercial (hosted) cloud environments, either as Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings.
PRIMARY ROLES& RESPONSIBILITIES
• Install and administer the Linux platform (where necessary and using the associated hosting provider tools)
• Work in the collaboration with the associated hosting provider support teams to facilitate the delivery
of new requirements or changes to the deployed platform
• Ensuring backups and restores are successful either in collaboration with the associated hosting
provider or through local capability at the delivery centers
• Provide technical support across our clients IT Infrastructure including monitoring and
• Carry out regular checks on the status of servers from a hardware and software standpoint.
• Coordinates problem analysis of software and hardware problems with the hosting provider finding the quickest resolution of server, software and storage related problems
• Is able to work cross-platform where interaction with other services deployed to the Linux platform are integrated
• Work with the service management teams to produce the any required system availability, capacity or performance reports
• Regular maintenance of servers, and storage tools through the installation of software upgrades, patches, and where necessary or required hardware upgrades.
• After hours on-call escalation and support.
• Ability to identify possible points of vulnerability or concern and present for consideration to the client and governance teams for methods of remediation
• Maintain the integrity of critical systems, applications, and data by ensuring compliance to IT security procedures and standards, and by proposing and implementing appropriate controls.
• Performs daily health check and maintains desired level of success rate for the various server jobs.
• Periodically reviews the system policies and procedures to ensure application compatibility and maintain accurate documentation.
PERSON SPECIFICATION - QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE – ESSENTIAL CRITERIA:
• Experience of administration/management/maintenance/monitoring/troubleshooting of Linux environments
• Experience of managing Linux environments, with specific experience in Red Hat 6.x or above
• Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications.
• Constantly seeks to improve technical knowledge and researches new product capabilities.
• Familiar with cloud hosting of infrastructure services
• Works to high quality standards
• Experience of working in small dynamic teams
•Excellent understanding across general infrastructure including networking, Servers, virtualisation etc.
• Possess the ability to work in shift patterns (envisaged weekly rotation of 0700-1530 & 1330-2200), on-call and be willing to work out of hours where required. Whilst the above Out of Hours /
On-Call / working schedule has been determined in line with the current job role requirement, the Company reserve the right to alter such by providing a minimum of 4 weeks prior notice to any change as maybe required, in line with our clients expected operational service support schedule as
may be determined from time to time.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
• Hold a current Red Hat Engineer certification or other Red Hat certificate.
OTHER ROLE REQUIREMENTS
• Must hold or be able to obtain full SC clearance (has been UK resident for a minimum of 5 years), but if not available may limit activities until progressed.