No Of Position:2
Job Role:Business Development Manager
Functional Area:Banking / Insurance
Job Title : Business Development Manager
Location : London
Department : Insurance Domain
Experience : 15-20 years
Primary Objective :They are seeking a BDM to generate significant new business sales and revenue in the Insurance Sector across UK. Looking for experience in Life, Pension and Wealth Management sectors and General Insurance. The majority of the sales will be created through selling a broad range of IT services into key clients / prospects within this sector.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- To assist in creating, agree and implement the sales strategy, approach and objectives for the target market
- To identify key opportunities and develop compelling propositions and business cases
- To ensure routine use of bid review / approval processes, sales reporting and pipeline management tools
- To develop and maintain the most senior level relationships within target market / accounts in order to maximise sales opportunities.
- Responsible for New Business lead generation, quotes, conversions across all products, in line with strategic Targets.
- Delivering growth and retention in line with strategic Targets
- Accountable for proactive management of the renewal books & cases, working in advance and agreeing the approach.
- Responsible for improving business mix in designated areas/ segments in line with strategic targets.
- Responsible for cost effective growth of accounts including the deals, cross sale, up-sale and conversation rates of customers
- Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the key customers/target audience to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
- Liaising with relevant internal departments to ensure that customer needs are met and that customer requirements are fully communicated throughout the business
- Collating and analysing business data to ensure a full understanding of each customer and overall panel
- Undertaking research and analysis and producing business plans/recommendations (including all associated costs and forecasted revenue for the business), to ensure that all business development opportunities (new products, services and markets) are optimised Assessing the risks to the business of any new commercial opportunities.
- Responsible for the quality of visits, regularity, planning and reporting
- Build strong internal & External relationship
- Adhere to compliance and regulation requirements
Required skills and experience:
- Experience of General Insurance and knowledge of the commercial market.
- Knowledge of the other Insurance domain would be an added advantage
- Proven track record in an Insurance Business Development Role with the ability to build and maintain profitable relationships is essential
- Highly energised, motivated and results driven
- Strong Relationship Management skills
- Excellent Negotiator
- Hands on approach with a “can do” attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve results – Team Player
- Strong organisation and time management skills