With over 3 billion* internet users worldwide, online recruiting services mean it has never been easier to get your job vacancy seen by thousands of job seekers. One of the key advantages of advertising job vacancies online is the efficiencies that can be achieved over more traditional recruitment methods. But to make the most of these efficiencies you need to make sure your online adverts engage with the audience you are targeting. You don’t want to be sifting through masses of inappropriate responses.
*www.internetworldstats.com June 2016
A well written job posting will:
- Inform and attract candidates with relevant talent and skills.
- Discourage candidates without the necessary skills or experience.
- Reduce applications that waste your time processing.
- Increase the efficiency of your recruitment process.
- Promote your company’s brand.
- Take care of team’s diversit
So where do you start?
Think about who you are targeting
Firstly you need to have a clear picture of your ideal candidate. What skills or talent and experience do they need to have. If there are specific qualifications needed spell them out and avoid phrases like professional and flexible.
Once you have a target audience in mind you can use the information to set out
- the three most important essential requirements they need to have.
- The three most important desirable requirements that might make a candidate stand out.
If you already have staff carrying out the role, ask them what would attract them to a job advert. Research online to find existing ads that you can use as a template.
Include keywords to optimise search results
If you are posting on job boards remember they work on relevant keywords so think carefully about what search terms job seekers are likely to be searching for and make sure the relevant keywords are included in your advert.
Avoid vague or misleading job titles
The more specific you can be and include the main keywords in your job title the better the match will be with the job seekers search terms. Make sure you don’t use phrases and titles that are internal to your company, you need to be using easily recognisable titles and descriptions that your target jobseekers will be searching for.
Try inserting skills and keywords or repeating the job title in the body of the advert text to increase the ‘ranking’ of your advert.
Think about the content of your ad
- An overview of the role
- Use bullet points – they are easier to read.
- A potential candidate should be able to see what their day to day duties and responsibilities would be.
- List the most important responsibilities and duties first.
- List the qualifications, skills, experience your ideal candidate needs to have. Again use bullet points and list them in order of importance.
- Make sure you include details of the exact location of the role.
Promote your brand
Provide a concise overview of the company and why someone would want to work for you. Include information on the culture within the company so people can decide if they would easily fit into the company.
Salary and benefits
Where possible include details of the salary and any additional benefits. Job seekers are less likely to go for ads with no salary details. If you can’t be precise then include a salary range. Don’t forget to also include details of any other benefits such as pension schemes, bonuses, holiday entitlement, insurance, working hours etc.
Make sure it’s legal
It is your responsibility to make sure your job advert is free from any form of discrimination. If you are not sure what is allowed, then get professional advice. In the UK the Equality Act 2010 [insert link to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/equality-act-2010-guidance] protects people from discrimination. When writing your job advert you need to think about age, disability, gender, race, religion just to name a few protected characteristics.
Clear and simple call to action
Make sure you have one simple call to action. You should make it as easy as possible for jobseekers to apply for your vacancy. Either provide an email address for candidates to submit their application to or provide a telephone number if you’d prefer them to call you.
Be clear and concise
Be clear and concise. Avoid jargon where possible. Use bullet points and short paragraphs to make the text easier to read. Don’t just copy and paste job descriptions.
Using Talendrone as your online recruitment portal
There are many benefits to using Talendrone as your online recruitment agency. They include:
- We post your job vacancy on hundreds of top UK job boards
- Your job vacancy will be posted to thousands of specialised recruiters
- There are no set-up fees or other hidden charges.
- Our system is quick and easy to use. You can post your job advert in just a couple of minutes.
- Hire as many candidates as you need from a single job post.
- 24/7 local UK customer service contact.
- Target social networks with custom job adverts.
- 100% money back guarantee.
- You can specify the maximum distance you want to consider applicants from.
- Detailed reporting is available so you can take control of all your requirements.
- All customer records are securely stored and never shared with any third party without your approval.
- All information is encrypted to the same standards as used in online banking to protect your data.
- A permanent job history record is automatically created for reference at any time.
All you have to do is select the package which works best for you. Then set up an Employer account. After that it’s just a simple matter of entering your job vacancy details or a link to an existing job description on your website.
To choose right package & create an Employer account on Talendrone go to the Talendrone website or if you’d like more information call us anytime on +44 (0) 208 1503 682