No Of Position:1
Job Role:Business Development Manager
Functional Area:IT Software - System Programming
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
Thanks for checking our job advertisement!
We are looking for a Business Development Manager / Director – Healthcare / Life Sciences Sector for a permanent role with one of our biggest client (Among the top 3 biggest IT consultancy).
Here is the Job Spec:
- Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £70K - £90K / Annum
- Start Date: Immediate
Job Purpose and primary objectives: Build a pipeline of new business within Life Sciences and Healthcare sector.
This role reports into the Sales Director with matrix reporting to Head of Ireland and is part of a larger team currently servicing Hitech, Energy, Healthcare and Life Sciences and Manufacturing sectors.
Client has a global footprint in Healthcare and Life Sciences across Americas, Europe and Asia. They are seeking a BDM to generate significant new business sales and revenue in this Sector across the UK and Ireland, building on the above credentials.
The majority of the sales will be created through selling a broad range of IT services, Business Solutions and Consulting into key clients / prospects within this sector.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- To assist in creating, agree and implement the sales strategy, approach and objectives for the target market
- To identify key opportunities and develop compelling propositions and business cases
- To ensure routine use of bid review / approval processes, sales reporting and pipeline management tools
- To develop and maintain the most senior level relationships within target market / accounts in order to maximise sales opportunities.
Other Responsibilities: Responsible for generating new business sales and revenue in the target sector
Key Skills / Knowledge:
Client is looking for someone to join the team to maximise sales revenue. The suitable candidate will be target driven and hungry to achieve results, they will have the ability to forge effective relationships at all levels and will be able to use their tenacity and experience to drive value. They will need to believe in the vision and values of company.
This person must have a track record of sales in outsourcing deals within the Sector across UK and Ireland. They will fundamentally understand the territory, the science of consultative selling of IT services and have strong commercial awareness. They will need to have an innovative approach to deal structures and be able to be highly credible with Clients.
- Extensive experience of the industry
- Relevant experience of competing in the market.
- Experience of working in virtual teams spread over multiple locations and countries.
- Broad experience of the IT industry, markets, trends, technologies and their implications
Special Working Conditions: Based in Dublin or nearby and occasional travel to UK, European countries and India. There will be a requirement to work at company office in Dublin and at client sites occasionally.
- Strong “can do” attitude and someone who “feels it” when they lose
- Demonstrable experience in generating sales revenue
- Consultancy / solution sales approach
- A strong negotiator and able communicator across a varied audience
- An innovative style and the ability to craft solutions
- Strong customer management skills
- A “black book” would be advantageous
- Good team player and able to win the respect of colleagues.
- Self starter and ambitious.
- Highly flexible in working hours and willingness to be driven by the needs of bid timescales.