No Of Position:10
Seniority Level:Experienced (Non Manager)
Job Role:Devops Engineer
Functional Area: IT Software - All Jobs
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer for a long term contract with one of our biggest client (Among the top 3 biggest IT consultancy companies).
Here is the Job Spec:
- Job Role: DevOps Engineer
- Job Location: Leeds or Newcastle
- Job Type: Contract
- Daily Rate: £400.00 per day
- Mandatory Skills: AWS Architecture, Python, Mongo DB, Blackduck. ELK stack, Docker
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: 6 months+
++ Candidate may be required to support late evening or weekend deployments
- As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for contributing to and supporting our DevOps toolchain.
- To deliver automated components which form part of a DevOps toolchain
- Transform technical requirements in to DevOps processes
- Contribute to community discussions about DevOps best practice within Software Engineering
- Produce comprehensive suites of automated unit and integration tests to ensure code quality
- Identify and resolve issues preventing delivery or continuation of software engineering activities
- AWS –services such as VPC, EC2, EBS, Route 53, AWS WAF, AWS ALB, ELB, Network ACLS, Security Groups, AWS KMS, S3 and any other relevant services from AWS.
- Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Puppet, Terraform, Packer, Python, Tenable, Vault.
- Databases such as Mongo DB, MY SQL, Cassandra.
- Code and Security Analysis tolls like Blackduck, Checkmarx, SonarQube.
- Application & Infrastructure Monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana.
- Log Management using ELK stack
- Docker, Kubernetes and Rancher
- An ability to comprehend and convert technical requirements into solutions
- Experience of deploying scalable and highly available applications
- Experience of developing on cloud based environments
- Experience of operating and patching Linux operating systems
- Demonstrable experience of operating and patching Linux based operating systems
- Significant and demonstrable experience with continuous integration and delivery tools like Jenkins
- Experience of configuration management software like Chef or Puppet
- Experience working with Software Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Experience deploying scalable and highly available HTTP services, including APIs
- Experience of deploying and orchestrating a micro-services architecture
- Significant and demonstrable experience with virtualisation and container based technologies like Docke
- Experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other DevOps Engineers
- An awareness in the Software Engineering profession and its principles