No Of Position:1
Seniority Level:Experienced (Non Manager)
Job Role:Network Engineer
Functional Area: IT Hardware, Technical Support, Telecom Engineering
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
Ennovision Technology Solutions is currently looking for a Network Engineer for it's client, a world-leading Cloud Contact Centre and Communications Integration™ provider is currently looking for a network engineer. Hundreds of the largest organizations in over 60 countries across the world are powered by the group’s technology, in sectors ranging from utilities through finance and travel to central government, and include BT, Citibank, Deutsche Telekom, HSBC and O2 Telefonica.
Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Bracknell, UK, in ‘Tech Valley’, with offices in the US, Netherlands and Germany and presence in Asia Pac and Ireland. The group’s technology has been continually refined and developed which has ensured that the company’s services continue to push the boundaries of communications by building on a solid underlying architecture.
Core Services include:
Cloud Contact Centre as-a-Service (CCaaS) and Unified Communications as-a-Service (UCaaS)
The Network Engineer Role
The client is looking for a highly motivated Network Engineer with a breadth of experience in networking, preferably with Cisco or similar equipment, to act as the lead in optimizing the Redwood Technologies Group’s global network configurations as well as fronting the deployment of further network-based projects.
The Network Engineer will work alongside and advise the company’s Engineering Services Operations team at the client’s global headquarters in Bracknell, UK. Engineering Services is at the core of the client’s business operations, responsible for the day-to-day technical management of it’s proprietary platforms as well as frontline customer support.
The candidate must be able to rapidly develop strong technical knowledge of the platform and must demonstrate the ability to efficiently process and respond to enquiries of varying complexity. A core aspect of the role will involve liaising between the Operations and Project Management teams to ensure the effective management of projects, requiring the Network Engineer to exhibit solid interpersonal and organizational abilities.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate solid problem solving abilities gained from his or her previous experience in IT, technical, engineering or scientific environments.
· Design, document and build data connectivity solutions to support growth
· Assist with the on-going assessment and upgrade of networks
· Work with the Engineering Services Operations Team to implement and integrate designs into existing platforms
· Assist with network related customer support tickets
· Coordinate the installation of hardware such as Routers, Switches, firewalls, and interconnects, etc to support a world-wide network of datacentres, which provide CG’s cloud services to 1000’s of customers.
· Maintain knowledge of existing equipment and vendors
· Act as a liaison with suppliers, ISPs and partners
· Interface with RIPE Internet registry and manage allocation of IP resources
Examples of projects
- implementation of BGP on WAN networks, including peering for internet access
- Transition from legacy LAN/WAN networks to new design.
- Integration of customer MPLS into client network
- Implementing L2TP private broadband
· Become an important part of a team responsible for keeping the company’s mission-critical communications platform live, ensuring that customers continue to experience the high service levels they expect.
· Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of applications and networking issues to ensure that the platforms maintain its high availability for international clients
· Apply creative thinking and assess patterns in platform behaviour across various channels of communication to help continually improve and optimise services
· Engage with and take ownership of a variety of projects, ensuring these are delivered to the highest standards within given timeframes
· Deliver detailed and authoritative progress reports on queries and projects to both clients and to management, in regular meetings
· Liaise with other engineering departments and also external suppliers to organise projects and deliver results
· Have a strong educational background with a 2.1 and above, and a BBB and above at A-levels
· Strong understanding of networking fundamentals - Structured cabling, network media types, routing and switching, IP addressing, VPN, VRF, BGP, RIP, EIGRP, RIPE, LAN, WAN.
· Professional level network certifications (CCNP/ CCDP).
· Have experience working with network monitoring and analysis equipment / software
· Excellent knowledge of Cisco technologies
· Experience of Cisco Security (Firewalls, ASA) equipment and software
· Experience of Cisco Routers & Switches
· Have experience in designing Network Solutions
· Must have the relevant documentation to work in the UK on a permanent basis
· Be hard working and ambitious
· Strong time management and planning skills
· Excellent level of IT/Computer literacy
· Good oral and written skills
· Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
· Be well organised with excellent attention to detail
· Be able to produce written work, such as network designs, implementation plans and documentation to be distributed internally and to clients to hard deadlines
· Uphold the company’s values and ethos, and adhere to relevant quality & security frameworks to enforce the company’s accreditations (e.g. ISO9001 and ISO27001)
· Be comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues
· Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Cisco technologies
· Experience with VoIP technologies and Oracle/Genband SBCs
· CCIE qualification
· Customer-facing experience in a technical role
· Work with the latest technology including (amongst others) Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, SQL Server
· Participation in a wide range of company-wide and team-building events, ranging from curry nights through ice karting to annual attendance at the Windsor Races
· Annual Christmas Party hosted over the weekend at a variety of four- and five- star country hotels, providing full champagne reception and dinner along with entertainment
· Opportunity to join the company pension scheme
· Participation in the cycle to work scheme, which enables employees to get bikes and accessories tax-free, saving on average half the cost
· Excellent opportunities for career development and progression
· Work with a great team of like-minded people
· Extremely competitive salary