No Of Position:1
Seniority Level:Experienced (Non Manager)
Job Role:Operations Engineer
Functional Area: IT Hardware, Technical Support, Telecom Engineering
Industry:Telcom / ISP
Our client is looking for a highly motivated individual, with a broad range of abilities and the capacity to rapidly learn new skills, to join the Engineering Services team as a Provisioning Engineer in the company’s headquarters in Bracknell, UK.
Provisioning is a critical element of the client operations. The Provisioning Team is responsible for configuring new cloud technology services using the online provisioning portal and delivering them to clients. Many of our clients provide mission-critical services, such as the delivery of electricity or vital healthcare. The ability of our Provisioning Engineers to turn around effective, reliable cloud services within tight timescales enables us to continually deliver critical communication capabilities.
The Provisioning Engineer role is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work on a state- of-the-art cloud platform on a daily basis. He/she will engage in configuring the service to meet the precise client requirements prior to deployment. This individual also has the critical responsibility of producing and executing test plans that support the client applications and platforms globally. All hardware and software associated with the platform is developed entirely in-house, which is a critical differentiator in our marketplace, allowing us not only to innovate at a rapid pace but also to quickly provision custom and powerful services for clients. The successful candidate will use a number of online portals to provision client products and services used within mission-critical environments. They will also ensure that these portals are fully utilised for the purpose of ordering and obtaining order updates. The role holder will be responsible for maintaining accurate customer/supplier records and processing vital billing liaisons throughout the company.
Candidates should also demonstrate solid problem solving abilities and possess strong ICT skills, due to the unique requirements of the role. Candidates will be required to liaise with: • The Engineering Services team • Project Managers • Third party carriers, strategic partners and technology vendors • Suppliers and regulators to provide stakeholders with status reports around account activity and issues, take delivery requirements and manage these through to implementation on the production environment.
· Work within provisioning frameworks and quality assurance mechanisms to deliver exciting and powerful services for a huge range of clients
· Manage a large number of concurrent provisioning projects and execute these within tight timescales
· Prepare, maintain and execute test plans and scripts for platform services, with the ability to adapt to customer’s requirements
· Configure, establish and test new interconnects for external customers
· Handle billing issues for customer enquiries (typically by phone and email)
· Interpret customer orders and document complex technical requirements
· Escalate issues to suppliers to ensure delivery dates are met, and track all issues to secure a successful conclusion
· Ensure client portals are fully utilised for the purpose of ordering and obtaining order updates
· Manage day-to-day provisioning project activities by tracking & analysing progress, and collaborating with Project Managers when necessary
· Possess knowledge and understanding of test tools, methodologies and techniques as appropriate
· Execute new deployment and change orders working closely with various Project Managers
· Liaise with suppliers to resolve order processing issues, account enquiries, and provide regular and proactive updates.
· Ensure the technical tasks in the provisioning process are handled quickly and efficiently
· Collaborate with Project Management effectively and communicate provisioning project status and issues arising in a timely and clear fashion
· Strong educational background with CCC and above grades at A-level
· The relevant documentation to work in the UK on a permanent basis
· Strong analytical and customer service skills
· Strong levels of ICT skills/computer literacy
· Good oral and written skills
· Strong timekeeping skills
· Hard working, ambitious and friendly
· Be capable of passing a disclosure Scotland basic security check
· Uphold the company’s values and ethos
· Able to work effectively within an international, multi-cultural team
· Full UK Driving Licence
· An excellent telephone manner and the ability to converse with, and retrieve relevant information from, users at all levels of IT literacy and rank
· General experience working in a customer-facing role
· Good oral and written skills
· Well organised with excellent attention to detail
· A keen interest in technology, with a focus in software, computing and telecoms
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, or similar database technology
· Comfortable working in a fast-growing company full of enthusiastic, highly intelligent colleagues
· Work with, and receive training on the latest technology including Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco and SQL Server. As well as the opportunity to gain industry-standard qualifications on these technologies.
· Participation in a wide range of company-wide and team-building events, ranging from curry nights to ice skating to our annual attendance at the Windsor Races
· Annual Christmas Party hosted over the weekend at a four- and five- star country hotels, providing full champagne reception and dinner along with entertainment
· Opportunity to join the company pension scheme
· Participation in the cycle-to-work scheme, which enables employees to get bikes and accessories tax-free, saving on average half the cost
· Excellent opportunities for career development and progression
· Work with a great team of like-minded people
A competitive salary