No Of Position:1
Job Role:Oracle Data Base Administrator
Functional Area: DBA, Datawarehousing
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
Talendrone.com is looking for Oracle Database Administrator for one of the Leading IT company in Liverpool UK
+++ Please DO NOT Apply if you do not have full SC clearance or eligible as its a Govt ISU. Job
Here is Job Description:
- Job Title: Oracle Database Administrator
- Location : Liverpool
- Start date : ASAP
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: 45K - 60K GBP
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To Install, Configure, Maintain, Upgrade Oracle Database (both 10g and 11g)
PRIMARY ROLES& RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
- Responsible for creation and administration of the 10g and 11g Oracle database/RAC environments like dev, production, testing etc.,
- Database performance tuning, database sizing and optimization of existing databases and creation of new database procedures.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Executing daily maintenance, patching, and support task.
- Take care of the Database design and implementation.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
- Patch Management and Version Control.
- Demonstrate extensive experience in Database Administration
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of both database and system performance tuning
- Demonstrate hands-on experience with Oracle implementation, administration, RMAN backup solutions and utilities
- Demonstrate experience of configuring and upgrading of Oracle 10g to 11g server software
- Possess very good knowledge of ORACLE 11g RAC installation and configuration on Linux.
- Possess strong knowledge of backup and recovery.
- Possess strong experience of capacity and space management of the database.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of shell scripting
- Demonstrate experience of Data Migration.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of DB architecture, migration and future state planning.
- Possess good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- Demonstrate experience working in large programs with multiple database installations
- Demonstrate strong technical skills in Oracle Database (10g & 11g)
- Is able to take end-end ownership and identify and mitigate key challenges.
- Pro-active versus reactive management style.
- Demonstrate strong customer management skills.
- Is able to identify and mitigate customer risks / to guide and direct the customer to the correct or desired outcomes
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent change management skills.
- Demonstrate experience working with offshore team (multi countries)
- Is able to ensure the effective collaboration and alignment between all involved parties
- Must have or be able to obtain full SC clearance
- Ability and willingness to be working in shift patterns, out of hours and on-call
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Possess experience working in the Public Sector(preferable)