No Of Position:2
Seniority Level:Experienced (Non Manager)
Job Role:Principal Software Infrastructure Developer
Functional Area:IT Software - Application Programming / Maintenance
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
We are looking for Principal Software Infrastructure Developer in London, UK for our client i.e. an enterprising and multicultural company.
Mandatory requirements (Please do not apply if you don't meet these requirements)
- Candidate must be eligible for employment in UK
- Candidate must have Strong C and C++ (Multi-threading and Boost)
- Candidate must have understanding of IP networking (routing, switching, tunnels etc.), virtualisation technologies (KVM, VMWare)
Here is Job Summary:
- Job Title: Principal Software Infrastructure Developer
- Job Location: London, UK
- Job Type: Contract
- Contract Duration: 6+ months
- Job start: ASAP
- Daily Rates: Negotiable / Excellent Rates
Primary role purpose:
Our client designs innovative edge solutions for a range of markets. A key part of this includes our in-house software solutions which are based on advanced networking capabilities. We currently seek a Software Infrastructure Developer & Architect with a strong proven background in C and C++. The successful candidate will be a senior contributor to the ongoing development of our platforms and will be valued as a technical expert and a go-to resource throughout our organisation.
- Take responsibility and leadership for ongoing design and development of highly reliable, performant and scalable networked software systems including understanding business requirements and translating these into solutions.
- Solving highly complex problems and translating solutions into robust components in a clear and concise way, finding simplicity in complexity and in accordance with requirements and detailed designs.
- Proactive communication of status and potential impacts on delivery dates and/or expected quality of the tasks and/or the project to Software Managers and other Architects.
- Following and improving our development processes
- Producing detailed design documents that meet department and industry standards.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong C and C++
- Understanding of IP networking (routing, switching, tunnels etc.)
- Virtualisation technologies (KVM, VMware)
- In depth Linux networking and software development experience
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Orchestration tools and environments (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.)
- Project/Team leadership
- Mobile Telecommunications protocols (GSM, 3G, 4G)
- Exposure to Cloud technologies
- Modern networking technologies (SDN, Openflow)