Talendrone.com is looking for Software Engineer for one of our London based successful start-up in eCommerce delivery solution domain..
+++ Please DO NOT Apply if you are not eligible for employment in UK.
Here is Job Description:
- Job Title: Software Engineer
- Location : London, UK
- Start date : ASAP
- Job Type: Permanent
- Department: Engineering
- Min. Experience: Mid Level
- Salary: 60K-80K GBP per year
We are London based successful start-up in eCommerce delivery solution domain that’s revolutionising commerce by offering delivery in minutes or a time of the customer’s choice. In November 2013 we were acquired by eBay to help build out their worldwide delivery offering and to make us a global brand.
We are a fast growing, fast paced organisation that is constantly changing and innovating. Today we are building out our services to become a global eCommerce delivery solution. We have large ambitions and the backing of one of the most prestigious technology companies in the world today.
With more than 100 million active users globally eBay is the world's largest online marketplace, where anyone can buy and sell virtually anything. Founded in 1995, eBay connects a diverse and passionate community of individual buyers and sellers, as well as small businesses. In 2015, the total value of goods sold on eBay was $82 billion -- that’s $2,600 every second!
What you bring:
- Polyglot - you are confident working on a range of languages and can quickly adapt to new ones. You like contributing to quickly changing platforms in addition to well established technology stacks.
- Architecture - you choose the right tool for the job at hand, know when to drop in a NoSQL database and when to break something out into a new component and the best way to wire it in, when to go with the simplest fit into the current system and when to rethink the existing approach.
- Agile - you’ll help us inspect and adapt our processes - we’re mostly an XP shop but we take the best bits of Lean, Scrum and Kanban too. You will contribute to the agile transformation of eBay leading by example, offering workshops and contributing to internal open source projects.
What we bring:
- Rewarding technical challenges - fixing ecommerce delivery requires solving difficult technical problems: building unified shipping platforms for diverse customers, iterating fast while providing the best customer experience, constantly improving our technology while dealing with the eBay volume is what we do best. This isn’t another photo sharing app - we’re trying to make something that’s brand, spanking new to the world!
- Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in Shoreditch, with bike racks (and shower!), right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy commuting, and lots of great food options nearby.
- Great company culture - we have a culture of respect and high expectations of others. We love sharing a drink in our Friday All Hands, play board games, enjoy free lunch and a pub quiz (not in the pub!) on our demo day and have constant collaboration around the business and loads of opportunity to get involved in interesting stuff.
- Flexible working - no set working hours, really great support for working from home (we’ve got good video conferencing facilities) and generous holiday.
- Competitive salary and generous benefits.
What you'll do/learn:
- Apply TDD/BDD and other engineering best practices on all the code you deliver.
- Work on both a polyglot microservice stack and a highly scalable Java stack. You’ll mainly be working in Java, Ruby, and Clojure.
- Constantly improve quality: refactoring code, proposing new tools and changing processes.
- Pair with team members and collaborate with remote teams to share knowledge and give/get constant feedback
- Work across our entire stack and infrastructure, including internal and external APIs, enterprise distributed systems, services and tools
- Tune, support and monitor applications with tools like JMeter, JMX and Visual VM.
- Promote the best Agile practices, supporting and mentoring other teams in improving their technical skills and processes.
Previous experience on mature agile teams delivering continuously is a bonus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.