No Of Position:3
Seniority Level:Experienced (Non Manager)
Job Role:Credit Controller
Functional Area:ITES / BPO / KPO / Customer Service / Operations
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
Talendrone.com is looking for Credit Controller in Elland, UK for our client that is one of the leading distributors of IT, communication & home entertainment products in UK.
+++ Please DO NOT Apply If You Are Not Eligible For Employment In UK.
Here Is Job Description:
- Location : Elland, UK
- Start Date : ASAP
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £16000 - £18000 Per Annum + Year End Bonus
The role of Credit Controller focuses on ensuring invoices are paid, through being both proactive before a payment becomes overdue and also reactive after it is due. The role holder will use their judgement to decide whether a late payment is a sign that the customer may need tighter management in future. Credit Controllers will need to have a friendly and outgoing personality as the role requires both face to face and telephone communication with internal and external customers. The ability to be flexible with your workload and assist in the department as necessary.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Be able to manage your own ledger of accounts, planning calls/emails and using your experience and judgement in managing the effective collection of monies owed to the company
- Using an Aged Debtor of your accounts, follow a structured process to proactively contact customers both just before payment is due (to encourage payment on time), and also when payments are overdue
- When calling/emailing, build a rapport and develop a good working relationship with the customer and be able to determine the level of formality the customer prefers
- Prior to each call, prepare using Chorus / Excel to identify when payments are due / overdue and research previous payment history / notes from recent calls. After the call, diarise future calls / actions on the system
- Use judgement based on experience and the customer's track record to avoid bad debts, and be firm when relevant.
- Liaise with Credit Risk regarding possibility of payment plans if necessary
- Follow specified process after agreed deadlines have been missed, or payment has not been made without a reasonable reason, putting the account on stop as necessary. Then pass the account to the Legal team if the subsequent phone calls/emails do not result in payment
- Alert Credit Risk to customers who seem to be in financial difficulty as soon as this becomes apparent
- Sales Ledger Maintenance Including (but not limited to);
- Logging on to the banking system, and prepare and distribute receipt posting to the team.
- Posting and applying payments received to the correct accounts and invoices.
- Reconciling unallocated payments to remittances received
- Posting Cash Book receipts when necessary
- Bank Account Reconciliation to the sales ledger
- Banking Cheques received at our local branch
- Develop good working relationships with all relevant internal departments such as Sales, Credit Risk, and Customer Care.
- Liaise closely regarding any invoice queries e.g. price, returns, especially if the query is delaying payment
- Manage 'Old balances' and ensure queries and issues are followed through using Lotus Notes and Liaising with Sales and Customer Care
Essential knowledge / skills / experience
- Excellent attention to detail and numeracy with the ability to be efficient and accurate
- Good communication skills at all levels, must have a track record of being willing / able to challenge, where appropriate, in a non-confrontational way
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Word
- A working style of being highly organised and focused
Desirable knowledge / skills / experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in the printer consumables/IT sector
- Driving License
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the Group Business Conduct.