No Of Position:2
Seniority Level:Experienced (Non Manager)
Job Role:IT Developer
Functional Area:IT Software - System Programming
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
Talendrone.com is looking for IT Developer in London, UK for one of our esteemed client.
+++ Please DO NOT Apply if you are not eligible for employment in UK.
Here is Job Description:
- Location : London, UK
- Start date : ASAP
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £35K-£48K / Year
To help client to improve the quality of our services both amongst staff and externally to our clients we are looking for a software developer to help build our internal systems.
- You will initially be reporting to and working with the Head of Technology.
- You will be responsible for maintaining (25%), enhancing (25%) and building (40%) internal systems in order to drive efficiencies into our business by automating processes, reducing manual touch points, increasing the visibility of key metrics to management and building beautiful reports and interfaces to deliver a great experience to our clients.
- In addition you need to be flexible enough to step out from pure development and to think about the environment these systems are running in and to help setup and maintain the infrastructure (10%) in order to support our systems.
- Java development: 1+ years as part of a main job/role
- Database design and SQL: Understanding of relational databases, how they are structured and how to query them
- Spring Framework / Maven / JPA 2.0 / RESTful Web Services: Knowledge of these items or being able to get to grips with these very quickly will be essential in order to get started straight away as they are used by existing systems
- Understanding of financial concepts: Portfolios, Securities, Valuations, Transactions, Tax wrapper: Beneficial but not essential, however you will need to understand these well in order to survive in this role so a desire to learn is necessary
In addition to being able to demonstrate the skills above you will need to ensure that the people and the company are a good fit for you as a person. You will need to:
- Strong work ethic and pragmatic approach
- Be eager to learn the ins and outs of an industry that you may not have exposure or experience with before
- Have a desire to help and to streamline processes in order to make the human experience as easy and pain free as possible
- Use initiative to identify new opportunities for improvement
- Be interested in exploring new and upcoming avenues of interaction and development
- Have an analytical eye and mind to spot trends and ripples that could cause quality problems with data.