No Of Position:4
Seniority Level:Entry Level
Job Role:L1 DCH Engineer
Functional Area:ITES / BPO / KPO / Customer Service / Operations
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
Talendrone.com brings great opportunity for L1 DCH Engineer in Birmingham / Coventry / Liverpool / Wolverhampton to boost your career many times by working for World's top IT consulting company with great culture while earning decent package.
Mandatory requirements (Please do not apply if you don't meet these requirements)
- Candidate must be eligible for employment in UK and must be eligible to move within the EU Member States
- Candidate should have Level 1 knowledge of Server Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows, LINUX, UNIX etc.
- Candidate should have knowledge of various IT hardware such as Servers, Tape libraries, storages etc
- Candidate should have knowledge of virtualization technologies such as Vmware
Here is Job Summary:
- Job Title: L1 DCH Engineer
- Job Location: Birmingham / Coventry / Liverpool / Wolverhampton, UK
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job start: ASAP
- Interview Location: Leamington Spa
• £25.000 per year if you have a bachelor degree completed.
• £28.000 per year if you have a master degree completed.
The candidate is expected to support Level 1 support including touch support for all Data Centre activities. ( 24x 7 support). This includes performing tape rotations, initial fault diagnosis, hardware problems, troubleshooting related to OS ( Windows / Unix) , storage etc.
- Provide L1 support including hands & eye for DCH equipment's residing in Data centres and regular health checks
- Provide Out-office support as per Rotation Plan
- Work with the offshore teams to support Change, problem and Incident management
- Coordinate with other teams for ensuring that Data centre standards are maintained.
- Manage the local DC Facilities maintenance work and manage the activities in the plant shutdown periods
- Coordinate with DCH vendors and get the work done
- Actively Participate in all major activities relate to DCH as applicable
- Knowledge of various IT hardware such as Servers, Tape libraries, storages etc
- Level 1 knowledge of Server Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows, LINUX, UNIX etc
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as Vmware
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes and preferred for ITIL certification
- Interest in working in teams and being good team player
- Excellent communication skills in English - both verbal and written.
- Candidate must be hard-working, a go-getter with a positive can-do attitude.
- Candidate should possess excellent learning ability and take up challenges. Be a good team player.
- Ready to learn new technologies related to Data centre
- Willing to work in other technologies in networks and end user devices ( desktop / laptops)
- Prefer to have driving skills and should be ready for travel to different locations
About our client:
- Our client is recognised in big 4 largest IT companies of the world
- Our client has market cap currently is $110 Billion
- Our client has more than 378,500 employees worldwide
- Our client operates out of 46 countries