No Of Position:5
Seniority Level:Experienced (Non Manager)
Job Role:Senior Technical Support Engineer
Functional Area:IT- Hardware / Telecom / Technical Staff / Support
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
Talendrone.com is looking for Technical Support Engineer (2nd 3rd Line) in Stoke, UK for our client that is one of the leading distributors of IT, communication & home entertainment products in the UK.
+++ Please DO NOT Apply if you are not eligible for employment in UK.
Here is Job Description:
- Location : Stoke, UK
- Start date : ASAP
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: £23000 - £25000 / Year + Bonus+ Allowance
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing telephone, email based and onsite support.
- Assist clients with the use of the products and services and ensure best practice configuration.
- Train customers and partners with online training suits like TeamViewer for product demonstration or remote configuration.
- Create FAQ's and customer help documentation to support the products that are sold by Company's VAD..
- Work with and provide exceptional support to company's VAD partners and resellers
- Provide industry leading levels of support to all customers at all times
- When required perform remote or on-site installation of products to a deadline.
- Work in conjunction with sales to scope and specify the correct products.
- Be able to perform an installation either to a specific scope or work with the customer to design in a solution to successfully achieve the customer's expectations.
- Be trained to deliver technical training events and courses to a certified level (This will be done once sufficient training and experience has been attained).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and other networking protocols IPv4 and IPv6
- Experience of configuring IP based products, NAT, OSPF, RIP etc.
- Experience of complex networks and topologies and be able to determine route course fixes.
- Experience of routing concepts and knowledge of firewalls and routers.
- Experience backup products.
- Experience of strong authentication products.
- Experience of SSL technologies and certificates.
- Experience of web based administration and command line interfaces.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Linux and MAC OSX is also an advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP or other directory systems.
- Keep up to date with any vendor specific certifications or required external certifications.
- Instinctively find practical solutions to complex problems.
- Available to work away from home for up to 3 days or longer if the job requires it.
- Be happy to travel around the country or even overseas if required.
- Work in a team and knowledge share.
- Available to attend specific vendor training days away from home if necessary.
- Be able to perform installation of the products we sell.
- Full driving license.
- Advanced knowledge of configuring firewall and routers would be a significant advantage.