No Of Position:1
Job Role:Systems Planning Analyst
Functional Area: Analytics & Business Intelligence
Industry:Banking / Financial Services / Broking
Systems Planning Analyst
Location – Ropemaker , London
Duration – 12 months
Main Purpose of the Role:
The Systems Planning team is responsible for managing and governing the investment-related project activities across EMEA and in close liaison with HO.
Reporting to the Systems Planning team leader, the Systems Planning Analyst will support all the planning activities related to the implementation of Head Office Group and EMEA region technology initiatives and further facilitate ll related budget related activities and matters in relation to system investment, in order to maximise the capability to provide IT services and to keep the cost within the budget.
The Systems Planning Analyst will work closely with our Finance and business engagement functions as well as PMs and PMOs to provide portfolio assurance, good governance and management reporting.
- Provide guidance on planning management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques. Facilitate collaboration between stakeholders in this respect. Administer tools e.g. ServiceNow.
- Proactively drive continuous improvement of the relevant processes and procedures (including various workflows) and templates, in line with organisational needs.
- Support prioritisation and approval of the IT demand portfolio, working closely with cross functional stakeholders to ensure accurate planning in line with strategic and operational objectives.
- Manage and maintain databases and reporting that supports decision making
- Manage and control EMEA Projects by tracking and monitoring project status from finance (investment budget) perspective and work closely with PM & PMO and ensure compliance with internal processes.
- Support ESO management with ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Demonstrable practical experience with demand and financial planning required , previous experience with PMO/PLC processes and controls beneficial
- Basic knowledge of IT beneficial
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills, in particular MS Excel, IT literate
- Highly numerate, analytical and logical, with attention to detail and the ability to systematically break apart complex problems
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within an IT or Financial Services Environment
Education / Qualifications:
- Preferably degree educated or similar qualification or practical experience
- Japanese Language skills beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills [especially EXCEL skills]