No Of Position:1
Seniority Level:Experienced (Non Manager)
Job Role:KAFKA Admin
Functional Area: IT Software - All Jobs
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
KAFKA Admin - Contract - Swindon
Are you a talented KAFKA Admin looking to work for one of the biggest IT consultancy company in the World?
Here is the Job Spec:
- Job Location: Swindon
- Job Type: Contract
- Salary: £500/Day
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: 1 year
- Mandatory Skills: Kafka, Kafka clusters, IaC builds of Kafka, Jenkins, GitHub, TFS, SQL
- Designing, cluster setup, and monitoring Kafka clusters
- Capacity planning and Performance tuning Kafka clusters
- Perform upgrades of Kafka clusters.
- Assist with supporting Kafka clusters.
- Recommend and set up monitoring and performance metrics to assess platform utilization, performance and health.
- Capacity planning and implementation of new/upgraded hardware and software.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Ability to closely calibrate with product managers and lead engineers.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures
- Contribute to and/or lead multiple projects within an agile framework.
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
- The ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues will be vital and you will be expected to provide in depth technical advice to other areas of the business
- Kafka Admin experience.
- Design, build and configure application or technical architecture components based on business requirements.
- Hands-on experience with Kafka clusters (cloud hosted would be beneficial).
- Experience in IaC builds of Kafka (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.).
- Experience in Jenkins, GitHub, TFS, Source Control.
- Experience in implementing security & authorization (permission based) on Kafka cluster.
- High availability cluster setup, maintenance and ongoing support
- Hands on experience in standing up and administrating Kafka platform which includes creating a backup & mirroring of Kafka Cluster brokers, broker sizing, topic sizing, h/w sizing, performance monitoring, broker security, topic security, consumer/producer access management (ACL)
- Knowledge of Kafka API (development experience is a plus)
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience of/interacting with SQL environments (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres).
- Experience of MongoDB or other NoSQL offerings desirable
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click 'apply' or get in touch with Anna Charles (07448775810) at Talendrone.
*If you have not received a response within 2 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.