No Of Position:5
Job Role:Project Manager
Functional Area:Infrastructure Architecture and Development
Industry:Information Technology/ IT-Software / Software Services /IT-Hardware & Networking
Project Manager Infrastructure - Contract - Bracknell
Are you a talented Project Manager Infrastructure looking to work for one of the biggest IT consultancy company in the World?
Here is the Job Spec:
- Job Location: Bracknell
- Job Type: Contract
- Salary: £400/Day
- Start Date: Immediate
- Duration: 6 months
- Mandatory Skills: Project Management, IT Infrastructure, Prince 2 / APM
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
PM will be an integral and key part of a larger overall program team and will be required to plan, track and manage assigned projects. Providing updates to the overall Program Manager and Portfolio Delivery Manager - ensuring project timelines and stage gates are met in line ABG’s project management guidelines. This role will support the delivery of infrastructure services for ABG UK & EMEA, primarily focused on managing internal projects that underpin the delivery of the best experience for our customers both internal and external.
- End-to-end project management of assigned projects.
- Ensure that the 7-gate project delivery lifecycle is adhered to and met at every gate.
- Ensuring that the solution meets the agreed business requirements.
- Ensure cost effective solutions are implemented that are stable, scalable and supportable.
- Manage the plans to ensure dates and workloads are met, assign resources as required via defined methods of engagement.
- Provide detailed plans in relation your area of responsibility.
- Engage with and instruct third party vendors / partners as required and ensure their adherence to the project plans.
- Identify and manage issues ensuring appropriate escalation to stakeholders and sponsor in a timely manner for resolution.
- Ensure that risks to the project are constantly managed and communicated.
- Production of key project artefacts and documentation. E.g. Project Initiation Document (PID), detailed plan, test strategy, risk, issue & change logs, status reports, service transition document, etc.
- Define business acceptance criteria and implement/manage quality assurance processes. E.g. Systems Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Track and forecast the project costs (CapEx and OpEx) to ensure the project is delivered within budget.
- Able to work on own initiative and manage their project workload effectively.
- Awareness of targets and deadlines and ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Understanding of financial controls with an ability to drive value for money delivery from suppliers and 3rd party partners.
- Project Management (e.g. Prince2, APM) qualification or equivalent.
- Service oriented and customer focused with ITIL foundation qualification is desirable.
- Demonstrable evidence of managing and delivering complex technical change projects, on time and in budget.
- A good technical understanding across a wide range of technologies for example: servers, network, storage, telephony, Cloud services.
- Experience of operating and delivering as part of wider program team.
- Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex technical landscapes and deliver cost-effective technical solutions.
Special working conditions (travel):
Due to the nature of some of our partner relationships, a willingness to travel to European and US destinations is required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click 'apply' or get in touch with Anna Charles (07448775810) at Talendrone.
*If you have not received a response within 2 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.